Thursday 21 January 2010

Hooray for the Sun

The sunshine here today is wonderful making everything sparkle and hopefully hinting that warmer weather is on it's way. I guess that the weather is a well conversed topic around the world but it really can make or spoil a person's day. There's something to be said for SAD as it affects many people.


Charlotte is still doing well and not showing any signs of labour yet but we're continuing with our "Pigwatch" until the piglets arrive and are doing well. If you had asked me 5 years ago where I thought I'd be now there's no way I would've replied "Living in rural Bulgaria on a small holding and raising animals", 5 years ago I was plodding along, working part time in a hotel and living in an ex-council house with a small garden, going about daily life as many others do.


Would I go back to that life? No thanks, although I had no major worries at the time I really do think life her is a big improvement, not that it's perfect or ever will be. There's still the same bills to pay - minus mortgage or rent, kids to take care of and housework to do. But I'm happy, healthier and have a much better outlook on life in general.

The big question is where will we be 5 years from now?

No comments:

Post a Comment