Sunday 11 April 2010

Surprise Visitors

We've been busy the last couple of days tidying the garden and yard, trying to get the flower bed weed free and generally pottering about doing small jobs.

All of the animals are enjoying the good weather, things are growing well and the grass is coming through thick and fast....so fast that the horses gorged themselves yesterday and were a little colicky last night. Milka looked the worst and was in obvious pain but after being walked around the garden for a while and managing to shift some of the gas build up she was fine! Have you ever heard a horse belch? lol was a first for me but a relief to know that she was getting better.

This morning I've been trying to do some more weeding in my flower bed which hubby has started dog proofing so large spaniel feet don't trample my seedlings. I'd just got started when out of the corner of my eye I saw something small dash from the wood pile across the garden and back. So out came the camera and this is what I managed to snap.


I spent a good 15 minutes or so watching it jumping around the garden, hiding in the wood pile then scampering off.......very cool. Pity I couldn't get closer to take a better photo but that's wildlife for you. The kids came out to have a look too.

 I'm going to try and keep the camera handy from now on just in case we get any more visitors. This is the time of year when everything is coming out of hibernation as there's a plentiful food supply now. The bull frogs have started singing at night and we've seen the first fire flies of the year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment