Saturday 24 October 2009

Confidence

Confidence is an amazing thing. Some people definitely have more than others, while some manage to make you think they're confident when in reality they're not.

I'm quite confident, usually outgoing, rarely shy and can be opinionated at times. Typical of an Aries as some might say lol There are some things I'm not as confident with as I'd like to be though. Cooking for instance, I like it, manage well most of the time but just don't rate my abilities as any more than someone who potters about in the kitchen.

Horse riding is another......I've ridden for years and when I was younger was probably overly confident, to the point of almost dangerous at times. I'd ride any horse, even when I knew they were the ones that frequently bucked/reared etc etc.

These days that confidence has gone and it's taken me a while to admit it to myself. I'm not scared of horses just can't help thinking about what might happen! Strange because my big horse back in the UK was the most gentle soul you could ever meet and I'd owned him since he was a year old so knew him very well. Maybe it's age and the fact that I've got responsibilities now, although I'm not sure about that. I rode right through my pregnancies and never had any problems. In fact I've never been badly hurt, yes I've had my share of falls but nothing major.

Well over the next few weeks I'm facing some of my fears and have been out for a short ride again today on Maya. What's the worst that can happen? I'll keep you posted on how we get on. Hopefully Maya is going to enjoy her new career as a riding horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment