Thursday 29 April 2010

The Grass is Always Greener!

The grass here is amazing right now - very lush, thick and green. Apart from the part of the garden that we wanted to have grassed! That's just a bunch of weeds that look somewhat bare in patches and altogether shabby.

What is supposed to be my summer vegetable patch is growing huge tufts of fantastic grass, in between the stagnant pools of water and mud, oh and not forgetting the spring which is still flowing in the middle of the garden unfortunately.

The weather is supposed to be glorious for the next 10 days so it would be ideal to get outside and get planting - but not me and not yet. I am not giving up hope though because I will have a vegetable garden this year, like the last 2 and we will get a good variety of crops. I just need more patience and a rotovator!

Still no sign of bantam chicks or turkey poults and the piglets are getting bigger by the day - cheekier too. Their mum, Charlotte, spent half of yesterday outside in what will be my melon patch, rooting around, grazing happily and wallowing in a hole she made that I filled with water for her - result one very happy but filthy pig!

No comments:

Post a Comment