Thursday 12 November 2009

Cabin Fever Cured!

Today I've been feeling a bit stuck, normally it doesn't bother me that we don't go very far or out very often but after almost 2 weeks of being home with the kids every day I just needed to get out for a while.

I'm not the kind of person who can shop for fun or who enjoys endlessly wandering about window shopping etc. Shopping is ok if and when you need something but I don't class it as a hobby or daily occurrence. The village shops (we had 9 at the last count) stock most basic provisions like bread and salami's but there isn't a huge amount of choice. It's nice to help support the local people who run the shops and we're now used to the odd hours that they open.

Sometimes it's just nice to go into town and visit one of the supermarkets and do a full shop. Now with extra choice in the local town there are 3 supermarkets and most things can be bought there at reasonable cost. Slightly cheaper than the village shops but a little less friendly.

This afternoon I've been to Kaufland supermarket with my sister in law and it was lovely just to have a break from the kids to be honest, plus I came back with bags of food to replenish the fast emptying fridge and freezer. Even nicer was the news that my daughter had brought all of the horses in for me as it was dark when we got back. Both of the kids helped with unloading the car which was nice and there hadn't been any new arguments or outbreaks of war while I was out. Other half is still poorly and is tucked up in bed with a supply of paracetamols and vitamin c rich juice.

Tomorrow is village market day so we'll be heading off to see if there are any bargains to be had and then off for a coffee in the cafe with the local ladies. Plus it's my daughters 14th birthday so there will be chocolates handed around as is the custom in Bulgaria.

No comments:

Post a Comment