Monday 12 October 2009

A typical day

I was going to call this post "A Normal Day", but define "Normal"......I can't and I've been trying for years!

What is normal for me may not be the normal for most people and vice versa.

So my usual day goes something like this:-

Coffee, clothes, put horses out and check donkey is ok. Have a quick browse over the other animals (the kids feed them morning and night).Coffee, some housework, coffee and then if there's any mucking out or gardening to be done off I go outside again until later when I cook tea or decide to make jam/chutney or something.

Today was not a typical day! firstly Molly the Cocker Spaniel wants to be out at 5.40am Grrrr. done and back to bed (I'm not a morning person). Other half up and about, kids up and getting ready and I'm dozing nicely. "You've gotta get up mam, the donkey's stuck and on the ground" is the next thing I hear. Bearing in mind that it's still not light outside - I traipse out in my dressing gown to see what's up.

Maggie the donkey has been staying out overnight during the mild weather and prefers it. But last night after tethering her in the garden she's decided to wrap herself round a tree, and our cart, then we think she's slipped (she's definitely not surefooted) and fallen in between the shafts of said cart!
so out comes the knife and we cut her loose, pull her up and prop her legs until she's steady enough to walk.....poor thing!

She's been in the barn for a nice drink of water and some hay and feeling much better now so let's see what the rest of the day brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment