Monday 14 June 2010

Happy Birthday Son!

Today is my son's 13th birthday and I hope he's having a great time with family and friends in the UK. I'm a little sad not to be sharing the day with him but it was his choice of where to spend his birthday.


I've been out painting for some friends this morning and by 1pm was flagging in the heat, did a little weeding then walked home for a cold shower and some cool down time before a nice lunch of salad, salami, homemade pease pudding and pickled chillies mmmm. We didn't get around to picking up the hay from the field last night so will be going over there later to load it onto the pick up truck and bring it home to store in the barn for winter - best not forget the mosquito spray as they seem to be everywhere this year, probably due to the wet spring we had.

I've picked a bag of morello cherries today to make some jam so will get on with that later if I have the time. Preserving and jamming fruit was something I'd not done a lot of before moving to Bulgaria but I really do enjoy it, especially when winter comes round as out of season produce here is very expensive and a jar of plums or other fruit can make a lovely treat.


Soon we'll have loads of other fruit ripe and ready to pick so my choices for jam making and preserving will be almost limitless, I've stocked up on sugar in  preparation and will try and sort out some freezer space too, we may have to start eating more pork to make more room in the freezer though and I'd like to have a BBQ or pig roast this year and invite our good friends around.

Time's ticking on here and it's almost 6pm, hopefully it will start to cool down a little now and i can get on with a few jobs. Very rarely do we sit down before 9pm in the summer although obviously the winter is different and daylight hours shorter. The horses now get a minimum of 12 hours per day grazing and are piling on the weight! I'll have to get the cart out and get them doing some work to stop them getting any fatter and hopefully I'll have a paddock to ride in built this year so I can concentrate on schooling Maya more.

Right then, back to work I go. How do you spend your days?

No comments:

Post a Comment