Our "To do" list goes something like this :-
- Chop and stack firewood, remembering to keep the older, drier logs at the front
- Finish off gable ends of house and roof tiles
- Get barley, corn and maize milled for animal feed.
- Thorough clean out of barn and stables
- Re-attach central heating pump and re-fill the system
- Defrost and clean the small freezer then re-fill
- Plant trees and winter vegetables in October
- Drain down boiler and water pipes in Bulgalow, check lagging on all other pipes and replace if needed
- Clean out woodburner and flues thoroughly
Today we collected and bagged 660 kilo's of barley, tomorrow it's bags of mixed grains for the chickens and over the next 2 weeks we'll have to collect and bag the maize and corn. We're fast running out of space but will find somewhere for it to go. For the animals we should have enough feed, hay and straw to manage through the winter and at the moment there's still enough grazing to keep them happy through the day.