Tuesday 8 June 2010

A Week Off

As the title suggests I've had an unexpected week off from blogging and the internet. Our connection here is via a wireless router on a digital wireless network and the router stopped working properly meaning we were incommunicado until today when the operator gave us a new router.

This has meant that I've spent more time in the garden and have finally managed to get my raised beds finished and an extra one built that has yet to be planted but will have my tomato plants in later today, once the weather cools down a little.


I've still been out with the camera as the flowers are wonderful this year. some of the food crops are flowering too and my courgettes are starting to fruit nicely. I've added more peppers and chillies to the garden and pulled the last of the radishes out before they bolted, the chickens enjoyed them immensely. The beech Marten has stopped it's nightly raids so we haven't lost any more birds and one of the missing bantams is sitting on eggs and keeps popping out of her hidey hole for food and water.


I've got to admit that having no internet for a week has made me work harder in the garden, but I have felt a bit cut off and missed reading other blogs, tweets and facebook posts, it will take me a while to catch up with everything. Strange how the internet quickly becomes a part of daily life.


Here's a pic of the dog that has decided to live here, I strongly feel that he's probably been dumped by an owner and he's not in the greatest of shape but starting to look a little better each day. He seems to be quite friendly but a little scared at times and looks forward to the gate opening at tea time! He's been named Scruffy for obvious reasons.

1 comment:

  1. Scruffy looks delightful, so nice that he's found a family to love him.

    It's true you can get SO much done if you step away from the computer more often....I know I should!!

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete